STEP-BY-STEP FROM YOUR FIRST DAY IN BLUE LIGHT
INITIAL STEPS TO START WORK ....
- Read wiki.bluelightav.org thoroughly for all key information.
- Create a JIRA user log in created with Admin ( Ramchandra ) . You can use the same login username and password to access wiki pages and add content.
- the admin will create user and you can create password through clicking on the link.
- Most of the times your browser will ask for the security certificate for JIRA , Click on this link it will download the certificates, Firefox will automatically import it, Chrome you have to do it manually, and for Microsoft edge IE10 does not allow to update private SSL .. => avca.cer
- Most operations are done in Linux, so either a new desktop will be arranged for you , or you might have to work from you own laptop until the hardware is available for you.
It will be helpful while working in bluelight to know about concepts like - LPAD , BASH , UUID
- You would need admin to also create a username-password for you to access any of the linux machines/desktops in the bluelight office and to connect to ROSE server
- Important to remember every wednesday is team meeting at bluelight office starting at 2:30 pm auroville time. Attending all the meetings is mandatory.